Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First Mod - Changing the symbol

Thus begins my modding.. Today I had a great epiphany.... There are loads of people who modify cars and their 'teks and so in the words' of Bono, I will follow.. My idea is mod my tek is... drum roll......





Batman's Batmobile...

I used to play with Batman action figures as a kid, I had tons and I even had massive batcave. So the interior lighting is already red (well just the gauges) and with the outside being black, it has the beginnings of the esteemed Batmobile. I also did my first modding to it; I covered the red pontiac emblems with electrical tape- making it black. The difference is monumental and I cant get over how wicked it looks!

before:



after:



It is not perfect but you cant tell at all until like 2 feet away..

It is the first of my modding towards making it the Batmobile. The other few mods I have done have just been done to 'accessorize' it.. I added a mega-mirror (gives wide angle perspective to rear view mirror), bought a sun shade, bought a comfy steering wheel cover and an air freshener...

My list of future mods:

Tint the front windows
replace steering wheel horn cover with bat symbol
seat covers (potentially one with bat symbol, other black)
put bat symbols in the fog lights
darken turn signals in front
darken tail lights
black rims
bigger tires
buy the pontiac HUD
get a chrome or black fuel cover
and maybe get it lowered and body kit

most of this is funds pending..

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Aztek-Knight here (Not the Dark Knight, but the Knight Rider!)

    How about yellow electric tape instead of the black? You know, Batman yellow and black? It's only tape... cheap to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow dang, very good idea. i will keep that in mind and try it out when i have a free afternoon.. thanks tek knight!

    ReplyDelete