Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meeting My Music Needs in the Tek

Today i ordered a Harman Kardon Drive + Play accessory for my car.




I hear it is the best iPod accessory out there and it is also very much safer than a normal iPod. It comes with a little screen you can mount up by your windshield so that you dont have to look down to change the song, very convenient. It was like $200-300 when it came out but on amazon it is only $40! What a deal huh! I am going to wire it directly into the car and so the quality will be a lot better than just a FM transmitter..

i HATE fm transmitters. Its ridicilous- we can put a man on the moon but we cant make a decent FM transmitter. I much prefer just a cassette adaptor to a transmitter. They are ancient of days but still work like a charm. Thats one of the things i wished my tek had: a cassette player. Or at least a CD player that played MP3 cd's rather than the 18 track normal audio CD's. I can stand them for a while but they are starting to drive me crazy... so limiting! (and im sooo spoiled by the iPod/all 30 gigs of library in my palm). So this drive + play thing should be sweet! Unfortunately it will the screen is in blue but i have been in contact with a current owner and tekker (of the AFC) and he says it should be easy to mod that color to red. However the clicker wheel thing is a different story. But i suppose that will be lower down and so i wont worry that much about it. Well im off to a missions trip for awhile- when i get back: time to look for a pro tinter for the windows and installation of the drive = play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment