Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dome Light

So finally.. Finally I have my dome lights done. I bought some LED bulbs for my dome light a few weeks ago when I bought my HIDs and turn signals. The actual bulbs were the wrong ones. The stock bulbs had wire that wrapped around some metal tabs, and the LEDs I bought were cone shaped on the end. So I had to drill some holes to hold the LEDs in. However not just any drill would do, I had to go buy a 3/32 Carbon drill bit for drilling into heavy metal. This bit worked and now I have LED lighting in back! (oh and its red!). Also when I went to buy the drill bit I bought some VHT Nite Shade Black spray paint for.. drum roll... my tail lights =). I want to tint them a bit black. I also installed my turn signal bulbs but they hyper flash b/c the car thinks they are dying because LED bulbs use less power than halogens...

oh and I also added a darkish tinted license plate plastic cover to the front and it darkens the plate to match the car. It looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment